Lux Lucis ex Atrum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

portalportal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is 'Dark' to you?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaska
Admin
Jaska

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-11-28

What is 'Dark' to you? Empty
PostSubject: What is 'Dark' to you?   What is 'Dark' to you? EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 2:06 pm

A half decent starting post:

There is always that patch where people beleive all things are black and white, some feel that dark is evil and bad, and others disagree...
so what is 'dark' to you?
Back to top Go down
http://jenova36.deviantart.com
Nos Llew
Nos Llew

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: What is 'Dark' to you?   What is 'Dark' to you? EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 2:59 pm

dark is a shade it is night it is peace.

i think of dark magic as working at night (nocturnal rituals you could say)

on the other hand i disagree with black magic (intentionally hurting any life for the benefit or pleasure of the caster)

i understand the term those who cannot curse cannot heal but just cos you can doesnt mean you should
Back to top Go down
http://moon-rising.webs.com/
Aoife

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What is 'Dark' to you?   What is 'Dark' to you? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 4:41 pm

I don't exactly know what comes under the catagory of dark. I wouldn't say that what most people would term dark magick is necessarily negative (or bad or black or whatever) magick, that is to say, that it is negative by definition, but obviously it can be. I think it depends on the circumstances. Just as what many would consider 'light' magick (ie - healing) can be bad if misused.

I think I'd class something as dark if it deliberately causes harm to someone, or violates someones freedom of choice, either as a 'wrong' action or as the lesser of two evils.

Just to complicate things there's also the subject of energy working. Whilst many people work with fire, air, eath and water energy (as well as energies of different crystals, emotions etc.) you can also use light and dark energy. Some people (including me!) would consider them te fifth and sixth elements. They are often ignored because the other elements are neutral so they are not necessarily needed to create a balanced circle, also because many people don't like to touch the dark stuff at all. Which is of course fair enough. Anyhoo, if you use dark energy in energy working I suppose it would be technically 'dark' magick. But not in the same sense. And since dark energy is present (in however small an amount) in everything except the other five (six if you count spirit) elements, then most things would be technically dark!

I've just realised how much I ramble. Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Admin
Jaska

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: What is 'Dark' to you?   What is 'Dark' to you? EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:19 am

feel free to ramble as much as you like aeofa... damnit - Aoife!
Back to top Go down
http://jenova36.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is 'Dark' to you?   What is 'Dark' to you? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is 'Dark' to you?
Page 1 of 1