Lux Lucis ex Atrum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

portalportal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

black magic defined

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaska
Admin
Jaska

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-11-28

black magic defined Empty
PostSubject: black magic defined   black magic defined EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 11:50 am

here we will learn from eachother what we beleive to be true about black magic.
I created this forum in the hope that both light sided and dark sided magic users can come together and share their beliefs about the said topic, as well as focus more on the darker side.

I once thought of black magic as being bad and evil, just like everyone else when i was younger. As i read through more books and websites to do with magic in general, i have come to learn that Black is not as black as it seems.

Black, it seems, was originated as a reference to the black land of egypt, othewise known as Nigromancy(black magic), wich was also changed to necro, and adopted a new meaning. The magic of egypt also included the famous book of the dead - perhaps another reason for Nigromancy's change of name.

hmm.... now thats been typed up - what was the point in this forum? jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://jenova36.deviantart.com
Logmadr
Logmadr

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: black magic defined   black magic defined EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm totally oblivious when it comes to 'black' magic. I've got a friend (who most of you know) who is a little bit of an expert on it, but it was never my strong point. I know it is something that greatly appeals to me, and I trust myself with the power, but I've never needed to learn it.

I personally think black magic is all to do with shadows, really. Darkness, concealment, manipulation, working other energies to work for you, etc. Might be completely wrong.

Dark magic, however, I see as being painful, sinister, destructive.
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Admin
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: black magic defined   black magic defined EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Quote :
Darkness, concealment, manipulation, working other energies to work for you, etc. Might be completely wrong.
i agree with all of these, but those other energies are not necessarily dark energies, therefore is it really dark magic in that sense? Razz
that part aside (open for discussion of course), i see dark magic as working in the background of things and the same with every other element and every other situation - it can be used for 'good' or 'bad'.
Back to top Go down
Logmadr
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: black magic defined   black magic defined EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:16 am

Quote :
those other energies are not necessarily dark energies, therefore is it really dark magic in that sense?

Ah, but define dark...? LOL Do you mean negative energy? Because from my experience, this can be different from dark. I think of dark as in unknown, expanding, powerful...

I believe dark can be used for good. Many people don't. I call them fluffies and have hordes of shadow being waiting to pull them into the darkness...Razz[/color]
Back to top Go down
Jaska
Admin
Jaska

PostSubject: Re: black magic defined   black magic defined EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:36 am

i simply meant that manipulation of other energies is not really dark or negative to me... it just is :S
Back to top Go down
Tomato

Tomato

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: black magic defined   black magic defined EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 6:43 pm

I suppose this depends upon the individual and the particular paradigm they follow. Magic itself, and the energy that is manipulated by it, is largely neutral in my opinion (although I could well be wrong as I am not the sharpest tool in the box).

Ultimately, darkness itself varies from person to person, and even varies within that person as his or her experience grows.

Myself, being strongly bonded to nature and not really having much ability with anything else spiritual, tend to focus on that aspect of it. I will draw a metaphor! In order to find the dark side of nature it is first necessary to look at the light side and define that. Those 'nice' aspects of nature exist which we can easily see and understand. The growth of plants, the opening of flowers, the trees growing leaves as summer comes. The bees come, take nectar from the flowers, spread pollen to others as they move from plant to plant, helping them spread their seeds while they pick up food for their collony. The grass grows as it feeds on sunlight and makes seeds for the furry cute critters to eat.

The dark side of nature would be those aspects which define the conflict of life. African wild dogs will run down, kill and eat wildebeast while they are still alive. Japanese giant hornets will enter a beehive and, if the bees fail to defend themselves, bite the head off every single bee living there and eat the young. Young eagles in the nest will kill and eat younger siblings in order to receive more food from its mother and father. But in each case, the creatures involved are behaving out of a desire for life, and are strengthening their own species as well as others. The African wild dogs will take the slow and the sick out of the herd, and give the fast and healthy a better chance of survival. The bees can defend themselves against the hornets, and the strongest and smartest collonies will spawn the most queens. The surviving eagle is the strongest, and will be the one which mates and passes on its genes to the next generation.

This might be dark, and if looked at superficially it could be considered destructive, but it is as much a part of nature as the nice bunny rabbits skipping across fields of daisies. It is that which relies upon its own power for its needs and is more 'wild' and passionate than the more peaceful, subdued, and 'reserved' light side.

In summary...

black magic defined Leopardcub

Light thoughts: Isn't he cute!!!!

Dark thoughts: I wonder if he has reached adulthood and eaten anyone yet?
Back to top Go down
Nos Llew
Nos Llew

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: black magic defined   black magic defined EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:12 pm

cheers cheers

my thoughts exactly but put down better than i ever could bravo tomato bravo
Back to top Go down
http://moon-rising.webs.com/
Logmadr
Logmadr

PostSubject: Re: black magic defined   black magic defined EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:35 am

Very nicely written, indeed. Probably one of the more articulate posts on these forums which actually reads as more of a dissertation but in a very good way.

Thanks for the contribution Tomato. Much obliged Wink
Back to top Go down
cobra3

cobra3

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: black magic defined   black magic defined EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Well, now, may be too early to get into this, but there is another perspective. There is no dark and light in that respect. There is a dark adept, but that is generally misinterpreted and then much of the rest of this is extrapolated from the mention of such adepts. There is dark magic. True. But they are insignificant. Let me break it down this way.

There is magic, magick, and Majik.

Magic…yes there is light and dark, but when scientifically analyzed they reduce to hoodwinked or hypnotized. Hardly matters whether African or Egyptian when you get right down to what a thing is in essence. Mind you, I mean neither of these in a negative way. Whether applied to oneself, or directed outward, they can either be clumsy, abused, very useful, or even useful and sublimely elegant. There is no moral issue other than intent.

We dabble in magic until we discover it has serious limits because we do ourselves…so we begin work on self. Thus begins The Great Work. In The Great Work, there certainly is light and dark ~ a left and right hand path. One without the other and we are totally screwed. Much of The Great Work involves work with The Tree. Just as The Tree is represented as Force and Mercy, we are Light and Dark. A Lion is worthless after the death of the Dragon less it can lay with the Lamb.

Enough of that, because it can go on too long and need not be complete before a man can be king on earth…that is before the manifestation of the INFANT KING in that alchemical formula INFANT ~ DRAGON ~ LION ~ LAMB ~ INFANT KING. As infant king, we practice Majik. It is one…Light and Dark in perfect union. There is never any choosing of one or another except as error yet to discover.

Again, this is just a perspective.
Back to top Go down
http://epiphany3.com
cobra3

cobra3

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: black magic defined   black magic defined EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 12:34 pm

I am sorry...don't know folks here...so I don't know if others know what a dark adept is and, while mentioning it, I failed to clarify. Not a good thing, given it is so widely misunderstood. O. A. Spare was considered by Crowley to be the darkest possible adept...not because he followed a path somehow darker than another...but because he was so totally original. It only signifies an adept is legit and recognized by those who are associated with the brotherhoods, but themselves unaligned. A natural. Something that later got distorted into a chaote. It should be noted that those who call themselves chaote today would not nearly meet the criteria of dark adept recognized by a brotherhood. One must stand out all the more by virtue of their work. It takes a very exceptional and talented individual. Even Carroll would not nearly qualify.
Back to top Go down
http://epiphany3.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: black magic defined   black magic defined Empty

Back to top Go down

black magic defined
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lux Lucis ex Atrum :: The Occult :: Faiths-
Jump to: